CBD Recipes to Try at Home
Curious about all of the CBD-infused foods and drinks you’re seeing on store shelves and in restaurants? Try these easy CBD recipes from the comfort of your own home instead while learning the ins and outs of CBD edibles cooking!
CBD Recipes to Try at Home
From CBD cocktails to no-bake CBD-infused snacks, there are dozens of ways for the crafty home chef to spice us their day and their diet with CBD edibles.
Spice Up Your Guacamole Recipe with CBD
Are you an avocado lover? Adding CBD to your favorite guacamole recipe is literally as easy as one, two three!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- 2 avocados
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1/2 diced onion
- 1 bunch of cilantro, with stems removed
- 1 small jalepeno, diced
- 2 large limes
- 2 small tomatoes, diced
- A pinch of salt, pepper, and cayenne (to taste)
- A dropperful of your favorite CBD tincture
Once you’ve pitted and removed the skin of your avocados, place them in a bowl and mash them with a fork or potato masher, if you have one. Next, simply being adding your ingredients one at time. We recommend starting with salt, pepper, and your preferred CBD tincture, but with a recipe as easy and delicious as this one, you can’t go wrong!
Sweeten Up Date Night with a CBD-infused Cocktails
From cocktails to mocktails, CBD tinctures are getting highlighted by more companies than ever. With its incredible anti-inflammatory properties, adding a drop or two of CBD tincture to a cocktail is an easy way to enjoy the benefits of CBD while protecting yourself from a hangover in the morning.
Curious about what kind of CBD cocktail to try first? Why not keep it simple and sweet with a Lemon-Ginger Mimosa?
Sweeten up your date night by enhancing a refreshing mimosa with Select CBD’s Lemon-Ginger tincture. Simply add a splash of fresh-squeezed orange juice to a champagne flute containing your preferred CBD dose and your favorite champagne.
What You’ll Need:
- 1 bottle of Semi-Dry or Sweet Champagne, depending on your taste
- 1 .25ml – .5ml Select CBD Lemon-Ginger Tincture (1000mg/oz)
- 16 oz fresh-squeezed OJ
As one of the largest producers of CBD products in the country, Select has made an name for itself by providing flavorful and effective CBD tinctures, vaporizers, and CBD topicals. Their Lemon-Ginger CBD tincture is independently tested as well as hemp-derived, making it safe for consumers and patients to consume.
Things to Keep in Mind
CBD can be a bit of a fickle ingredient when it comes to temperatures. Warming the oil can increase CBD’s effectiveness, but higher temperatures can kill some of the active components. CBD will begin to evaporate at temperatures higher than 320 to 356 degrees Fahrenheit.
Do not place your CBD oil on direct heat. Heating the oil at too high temperatures can result in the loss of terpenes, which are compounds that work in conjunction with CBD to increase its overall effects. Heating CBD too high also tends to bring out more of its bitterness.
Tips for Cooking with CBD
- Start slow and low
- Store your CBD oil properly in a cool dry place or according to the manufacturer’s instructions
- When cooking with CBD try to stick to more refined CBD oils
- when using less refined CBD oil, pair it with strong flavors– trust us, your tastebuds will thank you
- Don’t be afraid to keep stirring in that CBD to ensure the cannabinoid is well-blended
- If you’re really are trying to experience the benefits of CBD it always better to infuse instead of drizzling CBD
- Know where your CBD is coming from and always ask for a COA, a certificate of analysis.
- Pro Tip: Some CBD companies only provide potency results which is simply the percentage of CBD in the product. As with any agricultural product, it’s important to know what your CBD is clear of any microbes, toxins, bacteria, or mold.
Treat Yourself to CBD Wellness in the Comfort of Your Own Home
Curious and excited to experience the benefits of CBD? Thanks to these simple recipes and easy to use products, like CBD oils and tinctures, infusing your favorite dishes with CBD is easier than you might think!